About our School
Christ Church (Church of England) Infant School and Nursery is a Church of England Voluntary Controlled School. This reflects the partnership between church and state in providing education for all within a distinctly Christian context.
The school was founded in 1844 and was originally an annexe of the National School at Tettenhall.
The old building in School Road (our Nursery since January 2002) provided education throughout the nineteenth and beginning of the twentieth centuries for children from Compton, Perton, Trescot, Wightwick, The Wergs and Finchfield. The school moved to the present building in 1963 and classrooms were added as numbers on roll increased.
Although now funded by the Local Authority the school is still a Christian School in which Christian worship, teaching about the Christian faith and community life within a Christian atmosphere is cultivated.
The school exists to provide the highest standards of education and care for children from all social, religious and cultural backgrounds.