• Free milk is provided every day. Please let us know if your child has an allergy to milk, water will then be provided.
• There is a 15 minute mid-morning playtime when children are encouraged to eat fruit/vegetables provided free of charge by the NHS Fruit Scheme. Parents are asked to inform the school in writing if your child has an allergy to fruit/vegetables.
• Milk is provided at a subsidised rate (currently £12.00 per term from September 2017).
• Milk money should be sent to school during the first week of a new term in a clearly marked envelope. This is dealt with by DSO Kitchen Staff.
• Alternatively water can be provided. You are also encouraged to send a bottle of water (plastic, named) to school for drinking during the day.
Lunchtime (12pm – 1pm) School meals are cooked on the premises and are available to all children.
Two options are presented to children daily including a vegetarian option . Salad and fresh fruit are always available. A menu is provided by Wolverhampton City Council .
You may be entitled to free school meals - for information please contact the Pupil and Student Services section of the Education Department, Civic Centre (telephone 551122). However, you may choose the option of sending your child to school with a packed lunch or taking your child home for lunch (no children currently take up the third option). If you are providing a packed lunch please also send a drink in a plastic container or carton (no glass bottles please). Wolverhampton City NHS Primary Care Trust's website provides information and ideas on how you can pack a healthy lunchbox for your child.
If you wish your child to change from school meals to packed lunch or vice versa, a minimum of one weeks notice is required.